Puppet workshops for primary schools
Puppetry workshops for primary schools and community groups
- Looking at different types of puppets - glove, rod, string, shadow etc.
- Discuss how they are made and how they move - materials to inspire creativity
- Think about different characters and voices
- Hints and tips for manipulation and performance
- Some basic hands-on experience
- Scenery, props and storyline
- Questions and answers to inspire speaking and listening
- and of course... lots of entertainment along the way!
Make your own wooden spoon characters and egg box monsters.
Workshops can come as a single package or with a full puppet show as well.
I can show you how to make brilliant wooden spoon puppets and egg box monster puppets with easy-to-follow demonstrations. Take a look at the video clips below for a taster of what's available. Ideal for KS1 and KS2 puppetry projects.
For more information, please get in touch.
Watch a video clip
On Wednesday this week we had our Wow Day and Mr Brown's Pig the puppeteer come to school. We met lots of interesting puppets. We then had a workshop and looked at how the different puppets were made and how they are used.
Old Mixon Primary School